You have a Wi-Fi 6 router, don’t you? No? Oh, my God! You may be considering an upgrade in the near future. Thanks to the superior 802.11ax protocol, these routers are not only faster, but also often safer thanks to WPA3. There are many excellent models on the market that do not cost more than $80. There’s no excuse not to modernise, folks.
Today Zyxel announces its brand new router, and the holy prayer book is of great beauty. This Wi-Fi 6 router called Armor G5 has 13 internal antennas like a bishop. It has four Gigabit LAN ports, as is usually the case, but it also has extra multi-Gigabit magic. You see, it also has a 10G LAN port and a 2.5G WAN port. The Armor G5 even has a USB-A port on the back. Everything is housed in a smooth and pleasant body.
Designed to provide a high-quality network infrastructure for video and heavy-duty IoT networks, the Armor G5 combines a powerful 64-bit quad-core processor at 2.2 GHz with Wi-Fi 6 802.11AX technology for wireless speeds of up to 6000 Mbps (1200 Mbps at 2.4 GHz and 4800 Mbps at 5 GHz). Unlike other AX6000 routers that only support eight Wi-Fi streams, the G5 Armor supports 12 Wi-Fi streams, allowing more bandwidth and less congestion when sending and receiving more data from multiple connected devices, Zyxel Networks said.
says Sean Rogers, Head of Market Development at Zyxel: The demand for home networking has changed dramatically as the demands of the Covid 19 pandemic to stay at home and maintain social distance have led to a shift of daily work from the office and classroom to the home. The new Armor G5 uses ultra-fast Wi-Fi 6 technology and multi-gigabit wired connections to deliver superior bandwidth and network performance to maximize student and home user productivity.
Zyxel Networks shares the following specifications.
compliance with standards
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n/ax 2.4 GHz
- IEEE 802.11 b/n/ac/ax 5 GHz
- 2.4 GHz AX: 4×4 (Tx/Rx) 1024 QAM 20/40 MHz, up to 1.2 Gbps
- 5 GHz AX: 8×8 (Tx/Rx) 1024 QAM 20/40/80/160 MHz, up to 4.8 Gbps
- Compatible with WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac standards
- Spread the word: 1200 Mbps for 2.4 GHz, 4800 Mbps for 5 GHz
- Take this: 1200 Mbps for 2.4 GHz, 4800 Mbps for 5 GHz
- WAN: A 100M/1000M/2.5Gbps Ethernet RJ-45 port with automatic MDI/MDIX support
- LAN : A 100M/1000M/2.5G/5G/10Gbps Ethernet RJ-45 port with automatic MDI/MDIX support
- LAN : Four 10M/100M/1000Mbps RJ-45 Ethernet ports with automatic MDI/MDIX support
- Power: 19V/2.1A
- Energy Consumption : 39 W maximum
Physical properties (per unit)
- Product dimensions (WHDXX): 248 x 182 x 66 mm (9.8 x 7.2 x 2.6 inches)
- Product Weight : A kilo.
- Packaging dimensions (WxDxH): 375 x 235 x 75 mm (14.8 x 9.3 x 3.0 in)
- Package weight: 1.8 kg.
- IPSec passage
- Transition to PPTP
- Passage L2TP
- VPN support (OpenVPN)
- VPN customer support
- Support for SPF
- Guest network
- Automatic firmware update
Delivery of the Zyxel Armor G5 (NBG7815) does not start until November, but you can order it today. It could be here for just $349, which is a very reasonable price considering the impressive specifications.